Perlite is a versatile and sustainable mineral that is mined and processed with a negligible impact on the environment. And the green community recognizes perlite-enhanced products—like lightweight insulating concrete roof decks—as a high-performance solutions drawn from a natural material of nearly unlimited supply throughout the world.
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY: BIG USERS OF PERLITE
Research suggests that more than 50 percent of expanded perlite worldwide is used by the construction industry. Perlite plays an important role in a wide variety of construction-related uses including: as an aggregate in lightweight insulating concrete and plaster; as a loose fill insulation material for concrete masonry blocks, cavity walls, in residential homes; and in a variety of specialty applications including fireproofing sprays, chimney fills, interstitial floors, acoustical sprays, etc.
LIGHTWEIGHT INSULATING CONCRETE
Lightweight Perlite Insulating Concrete offers architects, engineers, and building owners several important benefits:
- Superior thermal performance with high insulating values
- Non-combustible with superior fire ratings
- Lightweight and durable
- Smooth monolithic slope-to-drain surface
- Roofing material can be nailed or glued
- Meets UL and FM wind uplift criteria
- An innovative hybrid technology improves cellular concrete
- Realize savings in time, labor, and materials