Perlite is a versatile and sustainable mineral that is mined and processed with a negligible impact on the environment. And the green community recognizes perlite-enhanced products—like lightweight insulating concrete roof decks—as a high-performance solutions drawn from a natural material of nearly unlimited supply throughout the world.
Research suggests that more than 50 percent of expanded perlite worldwide is used by the construction industry. Perlite plays an important role in a wide variety of construction-related uses including: as an aggregate in lightweight insulating concrete and plaster; as a loose fill insulation material for concrete masonry blocks, cavity walls, in residential homes; and in a variety of specialty applications including fireproofing sprays, chimney fills, interstitial floors, acoustical sprays, etc.
LIGHTWEIGHT INSULATING CONCRETE
Lightweight Perlite Insulating Concrete offers architects, engineers, and building owners several important benefits:
- Superior thermal performance with high insulating values
- Non-combustible with superior fire ratings
- Lightweight and durable
- Smooth monolithic slope-to-drain surface
- Roofing material can be nailed or glued
- Meets UL and FM wind uplift criteria
- An innovative hybrid technology improves cellular concrete
- Realize savings in time, labor, and materials