REPORTS TO: Plant Operator
The Laborer position will perform general labor work in a warehouse environment.
Employee will work a base schedule of 12 hour shifts, 3 days one week and 4 days the next week, with a 30 minute unpaid meal break. Variations to this schedule or overtime must be PRE-APPROVED by the General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list below includes but does not limit the employee to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Filling super sacks and 4’cu bags with product as directed
- Dragging super sacks off of the bag station for forklift operator to pick up
- Stacking of 4’cu bags on pallets
- Assisting with loading of trailers for customer deliveries, as needed.
- Helping with basic plant maintenance such as changing screens, clearing plant fusion, etc., as directed.
- Sweeping up perlite and dirt from plant area and warehouse areas as needed
- General clean-up of inside and outside of warehouse areas to ensure areas are kept clean and in a safe condition
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- • One year of related employment in a warehouse environment.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position.